Tuesday 15 February 2011

Crusading RSI!

So, one of the tasks for those of us participating in Rachel Harrie's Crusade is to follow every other participant. So far I'm down to number 19 on the list (there are 213 of them!!) and I already have mental RSI!

At least I know some of the other participants are people I was already following! :D

Still, I need a break, some chocolate, and some beer. Sadly, all I have available is the break.
I just wanted to share. ;)

But I also wanted to share that I'm excited, and look forward to this thing starting! Woo!

P.S. Maybe possibly gearing up to editing NAUSICAA. Hang on, wasn't I totally burned out on that? But then I heard about THIS (if you're too lazy or leery to click, it's Angry Robot Books' open door month this March!), and realised that it was a pretty cool (read: awesome) opportunity, and that the only thing I have that's suitable for submission is last year's NaNo. Just one catch: it's in rough draft form. Still, maybe I can do a quick whiz through and fix the most glaring mistakes? Cue hysterical laughter and much caffeine.

Don't know if I'll manage it, but it's worth a shot I think!

17 comments:

  1. It's a big task. I've done fifty or so but it's gonna take me a while to make it through that list. It's a great resource though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following something like a third of them at the moment . . . but there are still a lot to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm following one plus Rachel.... I'm slow. Ugh. I'm hoping to get caught up soon. I need to catch up on my agenda for February. I'm almost there though.

    I also got an idea for my short story for this week. Now I just need one for my poem...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Crusader! Did you do the drawings on the blog? Love them!

    EJW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey E.J., thanks! And yes, it's my drawing of my main character from Sundown - guitarist extraordinaire.

    Anyway... Guess I better get back to clicking that 'follow' button ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Crusader. It looks like we might be in the same group - Adult Mainstream. Looking forward to learning more about your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I know. 213 blogs. It's pretty insane, huh? I love blogs though. And 213 to follow? Hm, I think I'll live. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it! And you must remedy the lack of beer and chocolate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scheherazade - noice! I haven't looked at the groups yet. :D I think I'm in that group because I write in many different genres. Is that your story too? :)

    Madeline, I know - it'll be great once I AM following them all :D

    M Pax - yes, I must do that, but I have a rule about not drinking during the week (a very new rule, actually - last year I suddenly stopped feeling the need for a drink every single night of my life. lol Still, some days I really have to resist the urge, esp. when it's disgustingly hot and an icy cold beer would be JUST the thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I'm in your group too! I like your background. I've done some following today, but have a long way to go.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the drawings on your blog. Awesome! :)

    I'm a fellow crusader. Nice to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Trisha
    I have no clue how many I'm following now, but it's a lot. You're in my group and I thought I'd get my "followship" in. Saw that on one of the other blogs and I like it. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to meet you Fellow Group 11 Crusader. Look forward to more interaction as the Crusade gathers steam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi all my fellow Groupies (no I DON'T mean it that way :P), nice to meet ya! And hi Lauri, I know what you mean - it's probably my biggest challenge this year, just following everyone in this Crusade. lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Fellow Crusader!

    Whoa! I don't think you have to follow all 213 blogs. Just the ones in your own group. Heavens, girl, you'll be swamped in no time if you try.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan - you may wanna check the fine print again, I'm fairly certain we have to follow everybody. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, you are number 176 on the list, so the fact that I'm here and following you means I hit mental RSI looooooooooooon ago!

    It's been a long. day. of. following...

    But I'm happy to be here :-)

    xx Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!