Wednesday 30 March 2011

When I Actually Write A Book, You Will Be Acknowledged Blogfest



Before I get onto the actual Blogfest, I want to mention that I have another query, this time for SQUEAKY, featured on Evil Editor right now. Check it out.

Now...onto the business at hand!

Oh my GOSH. The last blogfest of the month is here! It's been a completely crazy month, and I'm sort of relieved it's over. But it's been heaps of fun participating in all these cool blogfests and meeting new people along the way. And maybe it'll make A-Z seem like peanuts! :D

By March 30 (which is in 12) days, write an acknowledgement blurb for 12 people, with 12 reasons. But not just ANY twelve people:
  • 3 people you know IRL.
  • 3 people you know online.
  • 1 person who has died.
  • 1 person you never met.
  • 1 person you met once.
  • 1 couple (so, 2 people).
  • 1 author.
The Blue Lipstick Samurai

So, here is my acknowledgement (for all the writing I've done so far):

I wish to acknowledge...
  • My mother, Leigh, who is totally awesome and has always encouraged me in all of my creative endeavours
  • My father, Lester, whose quirky creativity has inspired me in my life, and whose individuality makes him the most interesting person in my life
  • My former colleague Julia who helped me come up with more and more ridiculous ideas for Squeaky, and was in fact present when Squeaky first came to life
  • My dear friend Kelly, who enthusiastically read my rock star romance and, like a good and biased friend would, told me all the things I wanted to hear
  • My critiquing partners Jenn and Winter for their enthusiasm and their help with making my works better
  • My mother's mother, who I never met, but who has my name - Patricia - and helped to make my mother the amazing person she is, and therefore had an indirect influence on me too
  • That Dutch guy I met while backpacking - man he was sexy! He gave me great quotes to use in my travel memoirs, and made me laugh at the time too
  • Bill and Joni, my dear friends who always give me a place to stay when I'm in L.A., and are highly encouraging of all my creative endeavours
  • And finally, author Ian Livingstone (and is co-author Carl Sargent, and their little Zagor series) for inspiring me to start my first ever fantasy novel, which grew into a huge monster and is still not finished.

Okay, all done. :D

Now I am going to run around screaming in excitement that March is over. Heh.

P.S. Prompt #13 is up on Chrysalis, and we have two new members!! I plan on doing a shoutout post for all our participants here sometime soon. :) Maybe for C in the A-Z!

12 comments:

  1. And tomorrow (well later today for you) they'll announce who won the Nature of Magic blogfest. ^^ I'm feeling all jittery right now because I just found out I'm in the finals for the Crusade Challenge. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Brooke, that is fabulous news!! :D I did love your entry very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why haven't I followed your blog before?! I LOVE the title, by the way. :)

    HOLY CRAP, I LOVE the name Leigh! Go momma! I have a character named Leigh who is very important to me, and it makes me kinda proud that she shares a name with her mom. <3

    And yay, sexy Dutch man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And by her mom, I meant your mom, and got confused in the typing. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how many people actually "take part" in writing a novel. How wonderful to acknowledge them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The acknowledgement of your mom's mom was particularly beautiful. Great list, Trisha! (PS, I love your crit partner Winter's name - a main character in my WIP is named Winter.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAHAHAhaha, love the Dutch guy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list-- gotta watch those Dutch guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys :) This was a fun blogfest! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love random people who make you laugh--especially if they're attractive guys. ;)

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great acknowledgement list, some of mine are in there, and that one about your mum, too cute..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!