Sunday 23 October 2011

NaBloWriMo day...23



I could share more graphic pictures of my battle scar, but I wouldn't want to scare anyone! Oh, and for the record, that isn't a scar - it's a wound which will scar, at least a little. But I'm not worried about a white Harry Potter scar on my forehead. Or Zorro, as the man put it. I just want the sutures out so I can start healing properly!

Meanwhile, my wordcount during revisions is really shrinking. Right now I'm at 95,736. If you recall, my goal wordcount was 95k!! So I'm nearly there. I can well imagine going under it, which means I may have some breathing space for improving on descriptions in various places. I'm up to page 134 out of 188, so I'm making good progress. But enough about that.

I want to mention an experience I had a few days back, after locking myself out of a particularly important building (the one I live in). I had to call on my secret ninja powers of breaking and entering (luckily I didn't have to break anything in order to enter)... I even had to walk myself backwards up a wall while hanging off a window sill! Work colleagues suggested I might look into a job with ASIO, or one as a stunt double in action movies. Nah, I think I'll just stick with superhero librarianship and writing on the side, thanks. Still, it was fun to think about for a moment.

9 comments:

  1. Well, you might look a little pirateish but not zombielike. If you got a nice headscarf and a patch nobody will even ask you what happened, they'll just assume you like to dress up as a pirate and that you really get into the gig. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy it won't leave much of a scar.

    With scars one must always remember: You will see it when others will not. Just say'n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for getting your word count down. I thought mine was going down, but I think it's going up again. Still I'm at the beginning, so I can hope, can't I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an impressive job on the editing - well done!!!
    And go you Ninja. Go!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the writing progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Danette - pirateish is okay!! The patch would be awkwardly placed though if it was to cover my actual scar. hehe

    @Judie - Yeah, well to be honest I've never been one of those hugely vain people who MUST have flawless skin. So I'll be okay with the scar.

    @C D - thank you! and yeah, that has happened to me heaps of times. This time is my "final" edit before sending out to a beta though, so it can't (I cross my fingers behind my back as I say this) go up much this time...

    @Laura - why thank you!!

    @Golden eagle - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superhero librarian...now, there's an intriguing story idea. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could have seen the ninja climbing up the building!
    Good luck on the editing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Michael - I thought it might be up your alley. hehe. It's something we came up with at work.

    @Susan - it wouldn't have been as awesome as I made it sound. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!