Friday 14 December 2012

HOBBIT fest! + a page re-jig


Today is the Hobbit Blogfest, hosted by Tyrean Martin and M. Pax, and this is my entry! Yeah, I'm too tired to compose a more proper rousing intro than that today (a kitty woke me up at 3am just so I could help her do a pee, which she didn't need help with at all as it turns out). Anyway, for Hobbit Fest, participants must answer four questions. Below are the questions and my answers!

What is your favourite hobbit characteristic/or the one that you think closely resembles you . . .?
Second breakfast? :)

If you could choose between a scrumptious second breakfast and a perilous unexpected journey – which would you prefer?
Second breakfast! I know, inspired response isn't it? Blame kitty.

Have you ever left behind something on a journey (expected or unexpected) and wished you could have it over and over again? (a pocket handkerchief?)
Yes. I left behind a beautiful Canon Eos camera in the Istanbul flea markets - in a fleeing thief's hands! I'm sure there are other things I've left behind as well, but I can't remember any right now. Kitty's fault.

What is your favourite part or quote from the book that you hope will be in the movie?
"He did not go much further, but sat down on the cold floor and gave himself up to complete miserableness, for a long while. He thought of himself frying bacon and eggs in his own kitchen at home - for he could feel inside that it was high time for some meal or other; but that only made him miserabler." (p.64, 1990 publication)

Thanks ladies for hosting this fun blogfest! I am sure the other entries will be way more energized and entertaining than mine! :P



In other news, I re-jigged my "Words & Music" page so that there is way less content, basically just a list of all the books I've written/am writing/may write in future, as it stands currently. I like this a lot better as it's just got the basic info and is much easier to digest. I whittled some of the music section away too, but it's still fairly chunky. I may work at whittling it more in future.

17 comments:

  1. I love second breakfast as well. :) I can barely wait for tomorrow and the Hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second breakfast sums it up for me, too. Though I would not a mind a perilous journey to get me out of the Shire once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing a camera would hurt! As a pro photographer, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quote from the book! Being hungry usually puts me in a bad mood, or in this case, a worse mood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quote you added. Makes me want to read the book again. Bummer on the camera. I hate losing things. I'm with you on second breakfast. Hmm, I have a hankering for pancakes and sausage now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I would hate to lose a camera like that - aagh! Second breakfasts rock! And although I can't say they had that exact quote in the book, they did have that scene . . .and the mood was wonderful . . .well played by Martin Freeman as Bilbo.

    Thanks for joining Hobbit Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, miserabler. Isn't he so sweet. I just love Bilbo.

    I've seen more than one person say they left behind their cameras, but not by thievery:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bad, bad Kitty - must be nice to Trisha!

    Second breakfast. Nom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. naughty kitty!
    and you seem to enjoy food, even the quote was miserableness w/o it!
    fun answers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of those fun blogfests that I wish I'd entered but I just don't have the energy or time, sadly. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you - second breakfast all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your choice of quote! And, aww, sorry to hear about the camera. Breakfast, breakfast, yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!