Tuesday 12 November 2013

Andrew McNaughton

I only just heard the news - I'm the last to know I think. I was just over at Nick Wilford's blog which I hadn't visited in a while, and as I scrolled down through the comments on a NaNoWriMo-related post, I started to get very confused. At first people were just talking NaNo, but then I saw them starting to give their condolences over Andrew, Nick's step son. This was the first inkling I had that something had happened. I've since learned that Andrew passed away over this weekend just gone.

Andrew was the inspiration behind Nick's Overcoming Adversity anthology, which many writers in this community contributed to. He was a young man who had a bright future, and we were all hoping we could contribute to that.

I've since found more information over on Kyra Lennon's blog, as well as on Mark Koopmans's and Yolanda Renee's. I just wanted to add to the sentiment already being expressed all over the place, and give my biggest condolences to Nick and his family in the wake of this tragedy.

Rest in peace, Andrew.

No comments: