Thursday 3 September 2015

IWSG #15 - I'm (almost) back!



Usually this IWSG post would count as late, since back home in Perth, WA, it's 2:52pm on Thursday. But as I'm in California right now and it's not quite midnight on Wednesday, I'm not really late with my post!

I've had a pretty crappy year or more, when it comes down to it - at least in terms of making progress on my creative stuff! I did participate in NaNoWriMo last year, and wrote most of a new novel, which I finished in the post-NaNo months. So that's one significant achievement. But other than that, I haven't done much at all. This last month though, I've actually been working on editing! I mentioned this in my previous post for my Goals update, so I won't go into any detail. I'll just say that this time around, I'm feeling a lot better about my creative goals than I have in quite some time. I'm even looking forward to this year's NaNo, and have my novel idea picked out.

Anyway, I'm gonna leave this post short and sweet, since it's now six minutes away from midnight. But it's a pleasure to report something positive instead of my usual grave insecurities about being a total slacker who is achieving nothing of creative note. :) I hope you have all had a great month too!

P.S. THANK YOU so much to those who Blitzed my blog in the last week.
I feel very honoured indeed, and I'm glad to be part of such a great group!
Also, thanks to the organisers of the IWSG who put on such a great event every month.

10 comments:

  1. No worries about being a little late!
    Glad you are feeling better about your creative self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think writing and finishing a new novel is quite a feat! Pat yourself on the back, create a new list, and move forward. You're doing great!
    Happy IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy California Trisha! And thank you for being part of WEP again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trisha ... glad you saw the Blitz. Then having this break will do you the power of good ... and get you going for your return to Summer in Aus. Have a happy time, creating lots of ideas, jotting down a zillion notes and generally having fun visiting .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep at it! I loved the excerpts you posted. Wasn't it a story set on like a creek bank or something? I remember feeling like I was in the scene- that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a NaNoWriDAY--a day where I just tell everyone to go away and work on my book all day. So hard to write with so many other pressures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you've already achieved a massive amount! Don't beat yourself up. Enjoy getting back those creative juices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you're feeling positive. Meanwhile, enjoy your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome that you have completed some stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any edits are good edits, I say! Especially on a completed novel :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!