Saturday 30 January 2016

[JAN UPDATE] Cephalopod Book Club & Goals




I am posting this a day late, but I really wanted to post it because I think the last time I posted one of these was in October last year!! I want to be better at keeping up with the few blog hops I actually still participate in, in 2016.

~ The Cephalopod Coffeehouse Book Club : January Edition ~


I wasn't really sure what to expect from this read, but what I got was something different to what I sort of-maybe-kinda expected. It was a really enjoyable and engrossing read, even though I sometimes don't like books that skip around a lot with time, which this did.

What I found impressive about this book was that I was interested in every character I was reading about, which when there are a lot of characters in a book, sometimes fails to happen. I found the whole story haunting but beautifully written. As I read along, I was constantly wondering who would survive and who wouldn't. The story managed to frequently surprise me, too.

It really made me think about all the things in this world we all take for granted, like electricity, planes flying in the air, etc. Imagine if all that went away!

Currently Reading: Susan Ee's Angelfall





Oh, gosh. Do I have goals? Last time I wrote about this, I was working on SUNDOWN III. Slowly, but still, I was working on it! Since then, I wrote 50k during NaNo, we had Christmas, I went to hospital with a cat bite, and I've now gone back to work.

I'm no longer working on SUNDOWN III. Yep, once again I've abandoned an editing project only to move onto another one. I am now looking at ON THE OUTSIDE. I want to try to get large edits done (this involves rewriting some scenes, removing other scenes, and general polishing).

I've also done a bit of recording for my next album, which my bandmate Billy is now back at work on, making new sounds and tweaking old ones like a madman. We have all the songs done in terms of music, but he has redone a few guitar parts and most of the drums, and has a bit more to do. It's largely up to me to get on with vocals. Some of the songs I'm already happy with, and others not so much. Some are only in rough 'draft' form.

So those are my two major goals at this time. Getting vocals done for "WAG Album #2" as I refer to it, and getting major editing stuff done for ON THE OUTSIDE.

7 comments:

  1. All the best with the new edits and wit the new album! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two will suck up most of your February.
    Sorry about the cat bite. Your cat or a strange cat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trisha - good to see you - and just sometimes we need to change things up and do a different edit, or project as in your vocals and recording ... it will all come together - good luck for this coming year .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is certainly an eye-catching cover. It really makes me wonder about the story. Timeshifting confuses me, but after your review I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This time of year is full of interruptions and distractions. Hope you're fully recovered from that cat bite. Good luck with the edits and the album. Here's to a productive February!

    angelinetrevena.co.uk/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 manageable goals there. Good luck with the editing - my least favourite part of writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!