Thursday 17 November 2016

NaNo 2016 update - so many stories

It's sort of midway through November, so I thought I'd do a quick update on how I'm doing.

  1. I've finished my "novel", DIE BEACHSIDE, which turned out to be a novella at just on 30k. It's fairly basic, more a sketch I guess, and will need fleshing out, so it will get longer. I don't know how much longer - it may still be a novella when I'm done with it, someday.
  2. I'm now working on finishing off a previous NaNo novel I wrote named THE PHOTOGRAPH,  to help with the journey to 50k.
  3. Once I'm finished with this novel, which I only have one chapter left to finish for, I will move onto working on another of my unfinished novels, IVY NIGHT, and see how much I can finish off that. That one has a lot more writing that needs to be done, so it should get me to 50k.
  4. On the off chance that it doesn't, I also have the second novel in the SQUEAKY-verse, which has been gathering dust for years now.

So I should end up with at least two finished works, if not three. I doubt I will finish all four, but you never know. :)

My NaNo playlist for DIE BEACHSIDE features some post hardcore / screamo bands like Story of the Year (Page Avenue) and Young Guns (All Our Kings Are Dead and Bones), as well as Blink-182 (Dude Ranch and Enema of the State mostly) and Kings of Leon (Come Around Sundown). It also has a few other songs here and there that are sprinkled in from Seam, Lacuna Coil, and others.

And that's my update for now! I hope those of you doing NaNo are doing well. :) I will report in later in the month, I hope, for the Coffee House and Goals post.

7 comments:

  1. Two to four finished stories would be awesome!
    I don't think we have their latest, but we did like Lacuna Coil's first couple albums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a few in the 'middle' that I wasn't really taken by, although I've learned to appreciate them more in recent times. But their latest album in particular is amazing! I definitely recommend it :)

      Delete
  2. NaNo has been very productive for you!! Good luck getting them all (or as many as you can) done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth :) I may end up finishing one tonight, though I do have to go out so not sure how I'll go.

      Delete
  3. Wow, sounds like you are doing well in NaNo. I love the title, IVY STORM. and your playlist for DIE BEACHSIDE is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynda - ironically it is meant to be IVY NIGHT, but we had a cat in foster care called IVY STORM and I got confused! haha. I think IVY STORM is a cool book title, too. Maybe that'll be the sequel ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Well done you. Four stories is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!